The NTR Language Emulation Plugin can solve the language issues which made some region-locked games failed to play in NTR mode, like The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask.
The plugin could also be used switch languages for games that have multiple language files. For example, the USA version of CRUSH 3D will display Japanese language when it was run on Japanese consoles, and display Korean language on Korean consoles. It could be switched to the proper language by using the Language Emulation Plugin.
You must be using NTR CFW or have it installed on top of your Custom Firmware.
Installing NTR CFW on rxTools emuNAND Edit
- Download the NTR CFW files from this page. Unzip the file and copy the ntr.bin to the root of your SD card.
- Download the BootNTR.cia from this page and copy the BootNTR.cia file to your 3DS' SD Card.
- Download the NTR CFW Language Emulation Plugin from this page.
- Unzip the file. Copy the plugin folder to the root of your SD card.
- Create a folder for each game you need the language emulation for in the plugin folder. Use the game's Title ID as the folder name. For example, to use the plugin for Luigi's Mansion, create a folder named 00040000000D0000 in the plugin folder. You can find a game's Title ID using the 3DS Title Releases Database.
- Copy the plugin file from the Language Emulation files to the folder you created. The corresponding language emulated by the files are:
- langemu_en - English
- langemu_en_europe - Europe
- langemu_jp - Japanese
- langemu_cht - Traditional Chinese
- langemu_cn - Simplified Chinese
- Boot to rxTools emuNAND. Using your preferred CIA installer, install BootNTR.cia.
- Wait until it finishes installation. Once done, go back to Home Menu and boot NTR.
- Once NTR finishes loading, go back to Home Menu and select the game you want to load. Wait a couple of seconds before booting the game
Compatibility Issues Edit
NTR 2.4 is tested to be incompatible with the ACG Shared Font homebrew app. Running the ACG Shared Font app after entering NTR Mode will cause the 3DS to crash. While entering NTR Mode after running the ACG Shared Font app will cause NTR to produce errors.